Personalized living room furniture, made in the heart of America
For over 80 years, Smith Brothers of Berne has built a reputation for crafting fine residential furniture that is solid, comfortable, and stylish. Combining old world craftsmanship with modern technology, Smith Brothers strives to build furniture that will last for generations, upholding its classic traditional American styling with a touch of modern flair. With a philosophy based on diligence, pride, and attention to detail, Smith Brother specializes in custom orders, filling them with unmatched speed, and backing each product with the strongest warranty in the industry. Made with pride in the heart of American, Smith Brothers of Berne builds furniture right, every time.
Solid, long-lasting construction
- Reinforced joints - Double-dowelled, glued, screwed, and reinforced with solid maple corner blocks
- Built-in legs - Legs are built directly into frames, not attached separately as a final step
- Hardwood maple - All Smith Brothers frames are built from the finest kiln-dried maple hardwoods
- Handmade quality - All frames are assembled by hand by skilled experts
Made-to-order tailoring and style
- Pick any combination of 1,000 fabrics and 100 leathers
- Customize your pillows, add contrasting welts, or even fringe to all your furniture!
- Wood and nailhead trim is available on most of the furniture. Choose from multiple nailhead and wood finishes.
- Two "Build Your Own" Series offer the ultimate in choice: choose options like arm, back, base and seam!
Unmatched warranty, and reliable and fast delivery
- Smith Brothers will repair any problems that fall under warranty at no charge to you.
- Smith Brothers manages its own fleet of delivery trucks, allowing for unmatched speed and care of shipping of finished product.
- Every piece of furniture that goes out the door is wrapped in quilts and loaded on trucks by hand!
Rich American history with strong community roots
- Owned and operated in the town of Berne, Indiana - the same place they've been since they opened business in 1926
- The Smith Brothers, Orv and Les Smith, became majority owners of Dunbar Furniture in 1936, renaming it Smith Brothers Furniture Manufacturing Company.
- Smith Brothers has seen dramatic growth over the past two decades, expanding on the original 5000 square foot building in the heart of Berne to over 250,000 square feet in two buildings.
Shop Smith Brothers Sofas
Showing 1 - 4 of 4
Shop Smith Brothers Chairs
Showing 1 - 4 of 4